Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Wishes!

Hello all!

Just wanted to send some quick holiday greetings to my Mustard Seed'ers as we prepare for 2015.

I know it's been some time since my last update, but I am happy to report that my November visits to NJ and NYC were "quiet,"  labs and scans were stable and so for that we are very thankful!  There seems to be a steady, but very slow progression.  It's hard to believe that next month marks two years since my diagnosis.  While the number markers have increased, the rate of increase is reportedly insignificant.  Allow me to put this all in "non-doctor" terms for a moment - I feel wonderful.  My next visits are scheduled for the end of February - we appreciate your continued prayers!

Since I last checked-in on the blog, we've had some changes in our family.  On August 4 I started a new position with Lancaster Bible College as the Assistant Director of Athletics.  My primary responsibilities are department fundraising and academic support for our student-athletes.  I absolutely love it - the students are wonderful and the team I have the privilege to work with is incredible.  In addition to his work with Hershey Entertainment, Drew will assistant coach the Men's Volleyball team for the second season.  We're incredibly blessed to both have the opportunity to invest in the lives of students at LBC.  Looking back, Drew and I would say that two years ago this is where we hoped to be - I would be working in higher education and Drew would be climbing the corporate ladder at Hershey...

I'd be the first one to tell you that the journey "here" is not what we expected, but we're here and God is good!

I know everyone has holiday travel and family plans fast approaching as we prepare for December 25 - we'll be praying for safe travels and bountiful quality time with loved ones.  We're headed South to visit with Drew's sister and her family - and then to Hilton Head to ring in the New Year with my parents.  We're very much looking forward to some time together and away from e-mail!

Sending lots of love from PA and the warmest of wishes for a very Merry Christmas & blessed 2015 ~ The Dillons ~


No comments:

Post a Comment