Monday, July 7, 2014

The Dillons, Est. 2014

Tonight I'm signing in for the first time as Mrs. Sarah Dillon - whoa - it's still strange to see that in writing!

Let me begin by saying, our wedding was the most INCREDIBLE day.  From the sunshine to the people that were able to share in our celebration it was what we always dreamed of and more.  We have lots of photos to share (and even a video on the way!) but for now I'll share just one.

 
This was probably one of my favorite parts of our day.  Months before our wedding Drew and I were contemplating who should pray at the start of the reception.  After some discussion we decided that we wanted our first prayer together, as husband and wife, to be a prayer for everyone that surrounded us on that day and a prayer for all of you - those who have fervently lifted us up in prayer as we lived out our engagement, prepared for marriage, and yes - as we continue to face the challenges associated with my diagnosis.  You've loved us through thick and thin and so we wanted to take the opportunity to lift up everyone at that moment on our wedding day. 

I have to say - that time in the day came so quickly that I'm fearful my/our words were jumbled.  But, the Lord knows our hearts - and I guess our wedding video will reveal the truth too! (Haha.)

On that note, it's been on my heart to reach out for a little "extra" prayer this week.  After we returned from our honeymoon I had the routine round of labs that primarily check my CEA (tumor marker levels) and Calcitonin count - both came back more elevated than ever before, and so of course we panicked.  However, a quick call to the doctor revealed to us that we should not get overly anxious - levels can fluctuate - we needed to stay calm.  However, my August 1 appointment in NYC was moved up to this coming Friday just to see what is going on - to get some answers and continue to monitor things closely.

So, we're anxious; scared; worried; nervous; letting our minds wonder - we're being challenged as is any couple just 6 weeks into their marriage and then some.  We know this is in God's hands, we know this is for His glory, we know that this is the story he has called us to live-out.  But that doesn't change the fact that we have real fears, we have to discuss "things" that no one even wants to think about, and sometimes it's a challenge to repel the doubt that the devil puts on our hearts.  That being said, we KNOW God's faithfulness; we've SEEN God's faithfulness; we FEEL the grace He has bestowed upon our lives and we REJOICE in the blessings, trials and struggles that we face - because we know who goes before us and who stands behind us.

Please pray that our hearts might be prepared for my appointment on Friday and that we might find peace in the results and in this path the Lord has laid for us.  And as we pray each night - for healing, guidance and wisdom.

I always knew I was a blessed girl to have met Drew and to be able to share this life with him - and I am so thankful for such a faithful, God fearing and loyal man who I can now call my husband.  Together we are so thankful for each of you and the ways in which we can feel your prayers, daily.  We love you!

We have already been so blessed these past six weeks as we embark on this journey of "Mr. & Mrs." - there are exciting things ahead for the Dillons, and we know God has prepared the way and will provide for our needs as we strive to glorify him and live each day in His presence knowing that through Him we can face uncertainty with perfect peace.

Love,

Sarah Dillon

And for those that wanted to see just one more picture...Jamaica was amazing. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment